I Can't Log In
If you can't remember your password but are still logged into your account, you can change your password.
If you can't remember your password and you're logged out of your account, you can reset it through your email address or your Facebook account. To reset your password, first tap Forgot? next to Password on the log in screen.
- To reset through your email address, tap Username or Email, enter your username or the email address you used to create your account and tap search. Choose Send a Password Reset Email.
- To reset through Facebook, tap Reset using Facebook. You may be asked to log into Facebook. You can then enter a new password for the Instagram account that was most recently linked to your Facebook account.
If you can't access the email you registered with and you didn't link your Instagram account to Facebook, we're not able to give you access to this account.
If you're trying to log into your account but can't remember your username:
- Tap the Forgot your password? link on the login page
- Tap Username or Email
- If you don't see your username there, enter your email address and we'll send you an email with your username in the greeting
If you're logged into your account, you can find your username at the top of your profile.
If your email address isn't being found when you try to reset your password, you may have registered with a different email or you mistyped your email when registering.
If you're having this issue, try the following:
- Tap Forgot your password? on the login screen, tap Username or Email, enter any possible email addresses you may have registered with and then tap Search in the top right
- If you've previously linked your Instagram and Facebook accounts, you can reset your password through Facebook verification by choosing the Reset using Facebook option
Unfortunately, if you can't access the email account you registered with and didn't link your Instagram and Facebook accounts, we're unable to give you access to the account.
If you're not receiving the password reset email, it's possible that the email is going in your spam filter or that you mistyped your email when first signing up for Instagram. To get your password reset email, try:
- Checking your spam filter
- Resetting your password through Facebook verification if you've previously linked your Instagram and Facebook accounts
- Getting in touch with your email service provider to make sure that you're able to get emails from the @instagram.com domain
If you mistyped your email address when signing up for your account, we're not able to give you access to this account. If you think you're experiencing a technical problem, please let us know.
An email address can only be registered to a single Instagram account. If you're receiving a password reset email for the wrong account, it's likely that the account you're trying to log into was registered with a different email address.
If you mistyped your email address when registering, we're unable to recover your account. Learn more about creating a new Instagram account.
You might want to try sending yourself a password reset email again since the links in those emails are time-sensitive. If you don't use the link within a certain amount of time, that particular link may no longer work.
If you're copying the reset link or your newly reset password, make sure you haven't copied any extra spaces before pasting it into your browser or the login fields.
If you lost access to the email address you used to sign up for Instagram, you can change the email address associated with your account.
If you can't log into Instagram because you forgot your password and can't access the email address you used to sign up, please get in touch with your email service provider to get access to that email. If you've linked your account to Facebook, you can reset your password using Facebook, log in and change the email address listed in your profile.
Email Service Provider contacts
If you've forgotten your password and lost access to your email account, we're unable to release the Instagram account to you. This includes accounts registered with mistyped email addresses.
We understand this can be frustrating, but this policy is meant to make sure Instagram accounts don't fall into the wrong hands.
If your Instagram account was disabled, you’ll see a message when you try to log in. If you don’t see a disabled message, you may be experiencing a login issue.
If you deleted your account, there's no way to restore it. You can create a new account with the same email address you used before, but you may not be able to get the same username.