What can I do if I forgot my Instagram password?
If you can't remember your password, you can reset it using your email address, phone number or Facebook account. If you're not able to reset your password this way, open the Instagram app for additional help.
Resetting your password using your email address, phone number or Facebook account
To reset your password, first open the Instagram app. From there:
- On the login screen, tap Get help logging in below Log In.
- Enter username, email or phone, or tap Log in with Facebook.
- Tap Next, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- On the login screen, tap Forgot Password above Log In.
- Tap Username or Phone.
- Enter your email address, username or phone number, then tap Next.
Learn more about what you can do if you don't know your username.
- What can I do if my email address can't be found during a password reset for my Instagram account?
- What can I do if I don't receive a password reset email for my Instagram account?
- What can I do if I receive a password reset email but still can't log into Instagram?
- What can I do if I've lost access to the email or phone number I signed up with on Instagram?
- I'm receiving a password reset email for the wrong Instagram account.