The email for my Instagram account was changed.
If the email listed in your Instagram profile has changed, an email will be sent to accept or reverse the request. The email is sent to both the new email address to allow the change, as well as the original email to deny the change.
If you made the request to change your Instagram profile email, then you'll need to accept the request from your new email account listed in your Instagram profile. This helps us confirm that you have access to the email you're requesting to associate with your Instagram account. We'll also send an email to the original email account listed in your Instagram profile allowing you to reverse the request if it was not requested by you.
If you did not make the request to change your Instagram profile email, then you'll need to deny and reverse the request from the original email associated with your Instagram account. The email will come from support.instagram.com with a special link you can click to reverse the email change and help secure your account. Keep in mind that we only initiate this process after an email is changed from the Instagram Profile page and that we won't change your Instagram email without your permission. Learn what to do if you think your Instagram account was hacked or compromised.
If you're having trouble accessing your original Instagram account email, learn what you can do.
- What should I do if someone shares an intimate photo of me on Instagram without my permission?
- Why did I see my friend's username paired with an ad on Instagram?
- How do I report an ad on Instagram that I think infringes my intellectual property rights?
- How do I help an LGBTQ person who has shared suicidal content on Instagram?
- Why am I seeing a blue dot next to results in Search on Instagram?