What can I do if my email address can't be found during a password reset?
If your email address isn't being found when you try to reset your password, you may have registered with a different email or mistyped your email when you first signed up.
If you're having this issue, try the following:
- Tap Get help signing in on the login screen, then tap Use Username or Email. Enter any possible email addresses you may have registered with and then tap Next in the top right.
- If you've previously linked your Instagram and Facebook accounts, you can reset your password using your Facebook account by tapping Reset using Facebook.
Unfortunately, if you can't access the email account you registered with and didn't link your Instagram and Facebook accounts, we're unable to give you access to the account.
- What can I do if I don't receive a password reset email?
- I can't sign up for an account because an account with my email address or phone number already exists.
- I'm receiving a password reset email for the wrong Instagram account.
- What can I do if I forgot my password?
- What can I do if I've lost access to the email I signed up with?