Who can see my teen’s photos?
Anyone signed into the Instagram app can view photos or videos on someone's public profile. If you'd like to make sure that only approved followers can see your child's posts, we suggest setting your posts to private. Once you set your posts to private, anyone who wants to see your child's posts will have to send your child a follower request which they can then approve or ignore.
Your child can also remove followers and block other people on Instagram. When they block another person, that person can't view your child's photos/videos or search for their Instagram account. People aren't notified when they're blocked. Learn more about blocking people.
- How do I report a child under the age of 13 on Instagram?
- How do I help a member of the US military community (example: active soldier, veteran or family member) who has shared suicidal content?
- How do I set my photos and videos to private so that only approved followers can see them?
- Who can see my saved posts?
- Are my comments and mentions hidden?