How do I block or unblock someone?
To block someone:
- Tap their username to go to their profile
- Tap (iPhone/iPad) or (Android) in the top-right
- Tap Block
To unblock someone, follow steps 1-2 above and then tap Unblock.
People aren't notified when you block them. Learn more about blocking people.
Note: You can block someone using the Instagram app on your phone or tablet, but not on the web.
- Can a person I blocked still mention me?
- How do I remove myself from a photo someone tagged me in?
- How can I choose whether photos I've been tagged in appear on my profile?
- Are my comments and likes still visible to people I block?
- How do I report a message that was sent to me or stop someone from sending me messages?