How do I set my photos and videos to private so that only approved followers can see them?
By default, anyone can view your profile and posts on Instagram. You can make your posts private so that only followers you approve can see them. If your posts are set to private, only your approved followers will see them on hashtag or location pages.
To set your posts to private from the Instagram app:
- Tap to go to your profile, then tap .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account Privacy then tap to toggle Private Account on.
Things to keep in mind about private posts:
- Private posts you share to social networks may be visible to the public depending on your privacy settings for those networks. For example, a post you share to Twitter that was set to private on Instagram may be visible to the people who can see your Twitter posts.
- Once you make your posts private, people will have to send you a follow request to see your posts, your followers list or your following list.
- Follow requests appear in Activity, where you can approve or ignore them.
- If someone was already following before you set your posts to private and you don't want them to see your posts, you can block them.
- People can send a photo or video directly to you even if they’re not following you.
- How do I clear my Instagram search history?
- How can I choose whether photos and videos I've been tagged in appear on my profile?
- People are getting suggestions to follow other people after they follow me on Instagram. How do I opt out of this?
- How do I add a bio or a website to my profile?
- How do I hide a photo or video I've been tagged in from my profile?