What happens when I connect my Instagram account and a Facebook Page that I manage?
To connect your Instagram account and your Facebook Page, you first need to be an admin of that Page on Facebook.
Connecting any kind of Instagram account (personal or business) and a Facebook Page
When you connect any kind of Instagram account and a Facebook Page:
- Page admins, editors, moderators and advertisers can create Instagram ads from Facebook and manage comments on those ads.
- Page admins, editors and moderators can read and respond to Instagram comments and Direct messages from their Facebook Page Inbox.
- Page admins and editors can share Facebook Page posts to Instagram. Anyone logged into the connected Instagram account can share Instagram posts to a Facebook Page.
- Page admins and editors can add to your Page’s story from Instagram.
- Page admins, editors and moderators can view and manage customers’ Instagram contact information in the Contacts tab on Facebook.
Connecting an Instagram business account and a Facebook Page
In addition to the features listed above, when you connect your Instagram business account and a Facebook Page:
- Page admins and editors and anyone logged into the Instagram account can sync business contact information, such as email address, phone number and business address, between Facebook and Instagram. Updates made on one app (example: Facebook) will appear on the other app (example: Instagram). People who visit your Page may also recommend changes to business contact information. When this happens, you'll receive an email and Page notification asking you to review and accept the change, and if syncing is on, the edits will be made to both your Facebook Page and Instagram account.
- Page admins and editors and anyone logged into the Instagram account can add a button to Instagram for booking appointments on Facebook.
- Anyone logged into the connected Instagram account can set up Instagram Shopping if the business is eligible.
- If the Page is enrolled with Facebook's Charitable Giving Tools, anyone who has a role on the Page can let people add donation stickers to Instagram Stories.
- Businesses can integrate a third-party app from a developer.
Learn more about Page roles.
- What happens when I connect Instagram to my phone's contact list?
- Can I link multiple Instagram accounts to my Facebook profile?
- How do I know if my story is appearing on a hashtag or location page on Instagram?
- When I share something to my Instagram story, where does it appear?
- How does Instagram protect my privacy when I donate money?