How can my nonprofit raise money on Instagram?
Nonprofits must be based in the following countries to be eligible to use fundraising and donation tools on Instagram:
- United Kingdom
- United States
Requirements to raise money on InstagramTo raise money on Instagram, your nonprofit must:
- Enroll and be approved to use Facebook Charitable Giving Tools.
- Switch to an Instagram business account, if you haven't already.
- Link your nonprofit's Instagram business account with your nonprofit's verified Facebook Page.
- If this is your first time linking to your Page or enrolling with Facebook Charitable Giving Tools, check to make sure that people are able to add donation stickers on Instagram for your nonprofit. You can do this by clicking Publishing Tools at the top of your Facebook Page and selecting Donation Settings below Fundraisers. Click to check the box next to Allow people to add donation stickers on Instagram Stories and click Save.
If your nonprofit has further questions or requires support, please contact us on Facebook.
Add a donate button to your nonprofit's Instagram business account
To add a donate button to your nonprofit's Instagram business account:
- Confirm that your nonprofit organization has taken the steps above to become eligible to fundraise on Instagram.
- Go to your profile and tap .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Business > Donations.
- Tap next to Add Donate Button to Profile.
If you're unable to find Donations, please update your Instagram app to the latest version.