If I convert to a Business Profile on Instagram, will I lose any features?
Converting to a Business Profile will limit your ability to take certain actions on Instagram.
- Once you've linked a Facebook Page to your Business Profile, you'll only be able to share your Instagram posts to Facebook through that Page. You won't be able to share to another Facebook Page or to a Facebook profile. If you'd like to switch the Facebook Page you're able to share Instagram posts to, you'll need to convert back to a personal account. Once you've converted back, you'll then need to set up your Business Profile again and select the new Facebook Page you'd like to use.
- Business Profiles can't be set to a Private Account.
However, there are many new features you'll receive when you convert to a Business Profile.
- When you link an Instagram account to a Facebook Page, admins, editors and other Page roles will have equal permissions on the associated Instagram account.
- You'll receive access to Instagram Insights. Instagram Insights provide information on who your followers are, when they're online and more. You can also view insights for specific posts you've created to see how each performed and how people are engaging with them. Learn more about the insights available.
- Business Profiles include a Contact button near the top of their profile. You'll be able to include directions, a phone number and / or an email address. Keep in mind that you must include at least 1 contact option when setting up your Business Profile.
- Business Profiles will show a category directly below the profile image. This category is the same as the category of your linked Facebook Page.
- If you entered a physical address, it'll now appear below your profile's description.
Note: You can convert your Business Profile on Instagram back to a personal account at any time.
Do you still have questions? Find additional support on our resources page.