Creating an Account & Username
To start using Instagram:
- Download the Instagram app for iOS from the App Store, Android from Google Play Store or Windows Phone from the Windows Phone Store.
- Once the app is installed, tap to open it.
- Enter your email address and tap Next or tap Log In with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account.
- If you register with email, create a username and password, fill out your profile info and then tap Done. If you register with Facebook, you'll be prompted to log into your Facebook account if you're currently logged out.
- Go to your profile by tapping
- Tap Edit Your Profile
- Type in your new name, username, website or bio and then tap Done (iPhone), Save (Android) or the check mark (Windows Phone)
If a username you want is being used by an account that seems inactive, you should consider choosing an available version of the username for your use on Instagram. We suggest adding periods, numbers, underscores, or abbreviations to help you come up with a great available username.
If the username you want isn't currently associated with any account, it's available for registration. If you'd like to change the current username on your account, you can edit your profile.
Trademark violations may involve using a company or business name, logo or other trademark-protected materials in a manner that may mislead or confuse others with regard to its brand or business affiliation.
What is not a violation?Using another's trademark in a way that has nothing to do with the product or service for which the trademark was granted is not a violation of Instagram's trademark policy. Note that Instagram usernames are provided on a first-come, first-served basis and may not be reserved.
How do I report a trademark violation?Learn more about other types of trademark violations or submit a report of a username violating your trademark.