What if an Instagram account is using my registered trademark as its username?
Trademark violations may involve using a company or business name, logo or other trademark-protected materials in a manner that may mislead or confuse others with regard to its brand or business affiliation.
What is not a violation?
Using another's trademark in a way that has nothing to do with the product or service for which the trademark was granted is not a violation of Instagram's trademark policy. Note that Instagram usernames are provided on a first-come, first-served basis and may not be reserved.
How do I report a trademark violation?Learn more about other types of trademark violations or submit a report of a username violating your trademark.
- How do I disconnect my Instagram account from another social network?
- How do I set my Instagram account to private so that only approved followers can see what I share?
- How do I share posts from my Instagram account to a Facebook Page that I manage?
- How do I request a verified badge for my Instagram profile?
- How do I temporarily disable my Instagram account?