What should I do if someone on Instagram asks me to buy goods or services from them?
If you suspect inauthentic behavior from someone who is trying to sell you something outside of Instagram Shop, we recommend you ignore it. However, if you believe the behavior goes against our Community Guidelines, you can report it.
Unfortunately, we can’t provide help for purchases on Instagram that aren't made through Instagram Shop. Our Purchase Protection Policy only provides help for purchases made through onsite checkout.
Learn more about which products you can buy through Instagram.
- What types of accounts get removed from Instagram?
- Why am I seeing a warning before I can view a photo or video on Instagram?
- Does Instagram allow post-mastectomy photos?
- Does Instagram allow photos of mothers breastfeeding?
- What should I do if someone shares an intimate photo of me on Instagram without my permission?