Learn what to do if you notice suspicious activity on your account:
If your account is leaving comments or sharing things that you haven't posted, your password may be compromised.
To help secure your account:
- Revoke access to any suspicious third-party apps
Protect your account with our security tips:
Here are 6 things you can do to help keep your account safe:
- Pick a strong password. Use a combination of at least six numbers, letters and punctuation marks (like ! and &). It should be different from other passwords you use elsewhere on the internet.
- Change your password regularly, especially if you see a message from Instagram asking you to do so. During automated security checks, Instagram sometimes recovers login information that was stolen from other sites. If Instagram detects that your password may have been stolen, changing your password on Instagram and other sites helps to keep your account secure and prevent you from being hacked in the future.
- Never give your password to someone you don't know and trust.
- Make sure your email account is secure. Anyone who can read your email can probably also access your Instagram account. Change the passwords for all of your email accounts and make sure that no two are the same.
- Log out of Instagram when you use a computer or phone you share with other people. Don't check the "Remember Me" box when logging in from a public computer, as this will keep you logged in even after you close the browser window.
- Think before you authorize any third-party app.
Learn how to reset your password.