What are some tips for uploading, recording and editing things to share to my story?
When you share a photo or video to your story, you can use creative tools to help capture and edit them.
Taking photos and videos
- On iPhone, you'll automatically see when your phone detects darkness. Tap it to take better photos and videos in the dark.
- To zoom while recording a video, tap and hold with one finger to start recording, then slide up or down using that same finger.
- Tap Boomerang at the bottom of the screen, then tap the circle at the bottom to take a burst of photos that loops forward and backward.
- To take a video without having to tap and hold, swipe left at the bottom of your screen and tap Hands-Free. From there you can tap to start recording a video.
- On iPhone, you can switch between front and rear-facing cameras while recording a video. Tap and hold to start recording, then tap .
You can also upload a photo or video you've taken in the last 24 hours. Swipe down on the camera screen then select from your phone's library.
Editing photos and videos
To add a filter to your photo or video, swipe left or right after taking it.
You can also tap the following creative tools at the top of the screen:
Tap to add stickers. From there, you can:
- Rotate and resize a sticker by using two fingers to pinch and zoom.
- Add a sticker with your location by searching for or selecting nearby options. When people see your story, they'll be able to tap the sticker and view the page for that location.
- Add a sticker with things like the current time or weather conditions. These stickers are based on information from your device and your current location.
- Delete a sticker by dragging and dropping it on at the bottom of the screen.
Tap to add text. From there, you can:
- Add emoji.
- Adjust text size up or down by tapping and using the slider.
- Center text or align left or right by tapping .
- Rotate and resize the text by using two fingers to pinch and zoom.
- Choose a text color by tapping the colors at the at the bottom of the screen. Swipe to see more colors, or tap and hold a circle to choose a custom color.
- Add a color background to text by tapping at the top of the screen and selecting a color.
- Tap again to add another section of text.
- Type someone's username to mention them.
Tap to draw on your photo or video. From there, you can:
- Choose between marker, chisel-tip and neon brushes from the options at the top of the screen.
- Adjust the line thickness by tapping in the bottom left and using the slider.
- Choose a color to draw with by tapping the colors at the bottom of the screen. Swipe to see more colors, or tap and hold a circle to choose a custom color.