Using stickers on Instagram
When you share a photo or video to your story, you can add stickers to express yourself in fun and unique ways.
From your story, tap to add stickers. From there, you can:
- Rotate and resize a sticker by using two fingers to pinch and zoom.
- Add a sticker with your location by searching for or selecting nearby options. When people see your story, they'll be able to tap the sticker and view the page for that location.
- Add a sticker with a hashtag. When people see your story, they'll be able to tap the sticker and view the page for the hashtag you enter.
- Add an interactive poll sticker or emoji slider to write your own question and customize the answers. People can respond by tapping an option you've provided in the poll or sliding the emoji you've chosen. Once you publish your poll, your followers can vote and see realtime results. When you view your story and swipe up to see the list of viewers, you'll be able to see how many votes each option received and how each person voted.
- Add custom stickers that appear automatically based on your current location. Currently, these stickers are only available in certain cities. When people see your story, they'll be able to tap the sticker and view the page for that location. Some stickers have been designed by artists in the creative community. You can tap these stickers to see who designed them.
- Add a sticker with current time or weather conditions. These stickers are based on information from your device and your current location.
- Add a sticker with a selfie by tapping the sticker with your profile picture and taking a photo. You can tap the sticker for more options.
- Add a moving GIF sticker from GIPHY. Tap GIF to see trending stickers, or enter a few words (ex: birthday, cat, dancing) to search for something specific. Tap the sticker to select it and add it to your story.
- Pin stickers to a fixed spot in your video. After taking a video, add a sticker, then tap it and hold. Use the slider bar at the bottom of the screen to scroll through the video to find where you want to pin the sticker. Move the sticker and tap Pin.
- Find your recently used stickers by swiping right.
- Delete a sticker by dragging and dropping it on at the bottom of the screen.
See more tips for uploading, recording and editing your story.