Add and Switch Between Multiple Accounts
You can now add up to 5 Instagram accounts and quickly switch between them without having to log out and log back in. This is included on version 7.15 for iOS and Android, available in the App Store and the Google Play Store. Learn more:
When you add multiple Instagram accounts, you can switch between them without having to log out and log back in. To add multiple Instagram accounts:
- Go to your profile and tap (iPhone) or (Android) in the top right
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Add Account
- Enter the username and password of the account you'd like to add
To switch between accounts you've added:
- Go to your profile
- Tap your username at the top of the screen
- Tap the account you'd like to switch to
Note that you can add up to 5 accounts.
If you've added multiple Instagram accounts, you may get push notifications from any account that has them turned on. This depends on when you last logged in and the number of devices that are logged in to an account.
To quickly see the number of notifications for each account you've added, go to your profile and tap your username at the top.
Learn more about adjusting push notifications.
You can remove an Instagram account from your iOS device. Log out of the unwanted account using the following steps:
- Switch to the account you'd like to remove.
- Go to your profile.
- Tap in the upper left.
- Scroll down and tap Log out of [username] or Log out of All Accounts.
- Choose whether to remember the password, then tap Log out.
If you select Log out of [username], you'll remain signed into your other Instagram accounts. Selecting Log out of all accounts will remove all of the accounts you've added on your phone.You can also temporarily disable or permanently delete your Instagram account, but you can only do this from a computer or mobile browser, not within the Instagram app.