Instagram on the Web
Discover Instagram on the Web
Photos and videos posted by you and people you're following appear in your Feed. To get to your Feed, click Instagram in the top left. On mobile web, tap in the top left.
You can double click a post to like it and go directly to a profile by visiting instagram.com/[username].
Tap or click in the top-right corner and then tap or click Edit Profile to edit your public bio (your name, username, biography and website). Once you're done, scroll down and tap or click Submit
Some profile information isn't visible to anyone but you. This includes your email address, phone number and sex.
You can add a profile picture or change your current one when viewing Instagram on the web. To add or change your profile picture:
- Tap or click at the top of the screen.
- Tap or click your profile picture. If you don't have a profile picture, tap or click the blank circle next to your name.
- Choose to upload a photo or remove your current one.
Privacy & Settings
If your posts are set to public, anyone will be able to see your profile by visiting instagram.com/[your username] on the web.
If your posts are set to private, your photos will be visible to people logged into Instagram who you've approved to follow you.
Learn more about adjusting your privacy settings. The privacy settings you set on mobile are the same as your privacy settings on the web.
If your posts are public, anyone can interact with them. If you want to block specific people from liking or commenting on your posts, you can block them.
If your posts are private, only the people you've approved as followers will be able to like or comment on your photos and videos.
If you're using Instagram on the web (ex: on a computer or web browser) and you see something that isn't following our Community Guidelines, you can either report the account of the person who posted it or report the post.
- To report someone's account, go to their profile and click next to their username. Select Report user. Then click the type of account you want to report and follow the on-screen instructions.
- To report a post, click below the post. Then click Report inappropriate and follow the on-screen instructions.
Keep in mind that you can also report abuse while using the Instagram app.