How do I see who's active on Instagram?
You can see when people who follow you or have direct conversations with were last active on Instagram. You can control the visibility of your own activity status in Settings.
There are a few ways to see when someone's active on Instagram:
- You'll see a green dot next to their username and photo in your Direct inbox and elsewhere on Instagram.
- In your direct inbox, you'll see their most recent activity status (Example: Active 25m ago, Active yesterday, Seen, Typing...).
If you don't want people to see when you're active on Instagram, you can turn off your Activity Status.
- Can I use Instagram Direct to send messages to people I’m not following?
- Where can I see disappearing photos and videos I've sent?
- What happens if I delete a post I've sent with Instagram Direct?
- How do I send a disappearing photo or video?
- How do I report a message that was sent to me or stop someone from sending me messages?