How do I see who's active on Instagram?
You can see when people who follow you or people you have direct conversations with were last active on Instagram. You can control the visibility of your own activity status in Settings.
There are a few ways to see when someone's active on Instagram:
- You'll see a green dot next to their username and photo in your direct inbox and other places on Instagram.
- In your direct inbox, you'll see their most recent activity status (example: Active 25m ago, Active yesterday, Seen, Typing...).
- When you open the conversation, you'll also be able to see activity (example: In the chat, In the camera).
If you don't want people to see when you're active on Instagram, you can turn off your activity status.
- How do I report a message that was sent to me or stop someone from sending me messages on Instagram?
- Can I use Instagram Direct to send messages to people I’m not following?
- What happens if I delete a post I've sent with Instagram Direct?
- How do I send a post I see in feed as a direct message on Instagram?
- How do I send a message to someone on Instagram?