How do I turn off my activity status on Instagram?
People you follow or have direct conversations with can see when you're active, were recently active or currently active in the same chat on Instagram. You can change the visibility of your Activity Status at any time.
To change the visibility of your activity status:
Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
Tap in the top right, then tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy, then tap Activity Status.
- Tap next to Show Activity Status to turn off your activity status.
- Click your profile picture in the top right corner, then click Settings.
- Click Privacy and Security, then click to uncheck the box next to Show Activity Status.
- Tap your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap Settings in the top left.
- Tap Privacy and Security, then tap to uncheck the box next to Show Activity Status.
Keep in mind that when you turn off your Activity Status, you won't see when accounts who follow you or accounts you have direct conversations with are active, were recently active or currently active in the same chat as you.
- What is Accounts Center on Instagram, and how is my information used across my accounts?
- How do I access or review my data on Instagram?
- Who can see my Instagram profile and photos on the web?
- Who can see when I've liked a photo, or when someone's liked my photo on Instagram?
- What happens if I share my Instagram post to another social network?