How do I manage my privacy on Instagram?
We work hard to keep Instagram a safe and enjoyable place for everyone. Please take a minute to read through these tips about the tools we've built and the best practices we've defined to help you stay safe on Instagram:
- Make sure you know whether your account is public or private. When you set your posts to private, anyone who wants to see your posts, followers or following list will have to send you a follow request first.
- Make sure you're comfortable letting the photos and videos you share represent who you are to a wide audience, such as your parents, teachers or employers.
- Never agree to do something or share anything that makes you uncomfortable.
To learn more about safety on Instagram, visit: https://wellbeing.instagram.com/safety.
- What should I do if someone is threatening to share things I want to keep private (example: photos or videos)?
- I'm worried about someone after seeing content they've shared on Instagram about suicide or self-injury. What can I do?
- What should I do if someone shares an intimate photo of me on Instagram without my permission?
- How do I learn more about wildlife exploitation?
- How can I report a convicted sex offender on Instagram?