When I share something to my Instagram story, where does it appear?
When you post a photo or video to your story, it appears in the following places:
- On your profile: A colorful ring will appear around your profile picture, and people can tap it to see your story. Photos and videos from your story don't appear on your profile grid.
- At the top of Feed: Your profile picture will appear in a row at the top of your followers' Feeds, and they can tap it to see your story.
- In Feed next to posts you share: When you share a post, a colorful ring will appear around your profile picture in Feed. People can tap it to see your story.
- In Direct inbox: A colorful ring will appear around your profile picture in Direct inbox and threads, and people can tap it to see your story.
If your account is set to public, your story may also appear:
- In Search & Explore.
- On hashtag or location pages if you've added a hashtag, location or location-based sticker to your story.
- In shared stories if you’ve added a sticker connected to a large moment or event (example: holiday, election) to your story.
Learn more about who can see your story.
- How do I know if my story is appearing in a shared story on Instagram?
- How do I control who can reply to my Instagram story with a message?
- What happens when my Instagram followers see my stories on Facebook?
- Who can see my Instagram story?
- How do I share a story with my close friends list on Instagram?