Are my comments and mentions on Instagram hidden?
If someone with a private profile mentions someone who isn't one of their approved followers on a photo or video, the person mentioned won't get a notification in Activity and they won't get a push notification.
If someone with a private profile leaves a comment on a photo that a public Instagrammer uploaded, their comment will be visible and their username will be clickable below that photo.
If someone with a private profile sends a photo/video to a specific group of people with Instagram Direct, only people who follow the private profile will be able to see the comments or mentions associated with that photo/video.
- Who can see when I've liked a photo, or when someone's liked my photo on Instagram?
- What happens if I share my Instagram post to another social network?
- Who can see my Instagram profile and photos on the web?
- Who can tag or mention me in their photos and videos on Instagram?
- How do I set my Instagram account to private so that only approved followers can see what I share?