Are my comments and mentions hidden?
If someone with a private profile mentions someone who isn't one of their approved followers on a photo or video, the person mentioned won't get a notification in the You section of Activity and they won't get a push notification.
If someone with a private profile leaves a comment on a photo that a public Instagrammer uploaded, their comment will be visible and their username will be clickable below that photo.
If someone with a private profile sends a photo/video to a specific group of people with Instagram Direct, only people who follow the private profile will be able to see the comments or mentions associated with that photo/video.
- Who can see my teen’s photos?
- How do I know if my story is appearing on a hashtag or location page?
- How do I set my photos and videos to private so that only approved followers can see them?
- When I block someone, do their likes and comments disappear from my photos and videos?
- Can I hide my bio or my profile image?