What happens when a deceased person's account is memorialized?
Here are some of the key features of memorialized accounts:
- Instagram doesn’t allow anyone to log into a memorialized account.
- The profile of a memorialized account doesn't appear differently from an account that hasn't been memorialized.
- Memorialized accounts can’t be changed in any way. This includes changes to likes, followers, tags, posts and comments.
- Posts the deceased person shared, including photos and videos, stay on Instagram and are visible to the audience they were shared with.
- Memorialized accounts don't appear in public spaces, like people's Explore section.
Learn how to request the memorialization of a deceased person's account.
- My profile has been memorialized.
- Can I add or remove a post or comment from a memorialized account?
- How do I report a deceased person's account on Instagram?
- What should I do if a deceased person's account is showing in Search & Explore, Suggested for You or when I sync my contact list?
- I'm getting someone else's push notifications.