Instagram badges are a feature which allow you to show support to creators during a live video. When you purchase a badge during a live video, a heart icon appears next to your name in the comments.
Once badges are purchased:
You can purchase and send multiple badges during an Instagram live video. If you exit the video while it is still live, your comments and the badges will still be visible to the creator and any viewers of that live video.
Badges have the following levels:
- One heart - $.99
- Two hearts - $1.99
- Three hearts - $4.99
Once a badge is purchased:
- A badge appears next to all your comments during the live video.
- A special heart emoji appears for you within the comments section of the live video.
- You are featured on a ‘supporter’ list that the creator of the live video can view for up to 90 days.
Learn more about how to buy badges during a live.
To buy a badge during an Instagram live:
- Tap the user’s profile photo during a live.
- Creators who have badges enabled will have a button under the comments.
- Below Buy a badge, tap Buy to support @creator.
- Select your badge.
- Follow the prompts in the Google Play (Android) or Apple Store (iOS).
- Add a comment.
- Tap Send.
Learn more about how to use badges during a live.
Multiple badges can be purchased during an Instagram live to show support for creators. You can buy as many badges as you choose for up to $250 USD per live video. Badges are not a subscription purchase and will only remain active for the duration of that live video.
When you purchase multiple badges during an Instagram live, your questions are highlighted and your comments to the creator may be pinned. Buying multiple badges shows support for the creator and boosts your interactions with the creator during the live.
- If you buy multiple badges during an Instagram live and ask the creator a question, your question will be selected for the creator of that live video to see.
- Once you submit a question for a creator, you cannot edit or delete it.
- If you buy badges and post a comment in the comments field during the live chat, the creator may pin your comment.
- If your comment gets pinned by a creator during a video, everyone watching the live will be able to see your name, your badges and your comment for as long as the creator chooses during the live.
- Only one comment can be pinned by a creator at a time.
- Once you submit a comment to a creator, you cannot edit or delete it.
When purchasing badges during an Instagram live, you will be prompted to check out with:
Payment methods for buying badges cannot be changed in Instagram. Please visit the Apple Store or Google Play to update your payment options.
Learn how to view your receipts for badges purchased during an Instagram live.
If you comment during a live:
When you buy badges during a live and post a highlighted question on the video during the live chat, the creator may select your question to respond to. All highlighted questions and badges are visible to the creator during that live. After the video ends, creators can view a list of purchased badges for up to 90 days.
Content that is reported or found to specifically violate our Community Guidelines or Content Monetization Policies is reviewed and potentially removed. Partners that don’t meet our Partner Monetization Policies cannot monetize their content, but are still able to share and post content.
Content that violates our monetization policy may be allowed on the platform, if it does not violate our Community Guidelines. However, it remains ineligible for monetization. Some live videos may also be reviewed and flagged for violations, even if they are not reported to us.
If you see someone's live video and think it goes against Instagram's Community Guidelines, you can report it.
From the live video you want to report:
- Tap or click ... next to Comment at the bottom of the video.
- Tap Report (Instagram app) or Report Inappropriate (computer).
- Follow the prompts.
If you are having technical issues viewing your badge during a live, please report it directly:
- First, go to Settings.
- Select Help.
- Tap Report a Problem.
- Select Something Isn't Working.
Reach out to us, if you need more support. Please try to include as much detail as possible. In some instances, it may take longer for us to investigate your report and respond.