About Badges on Instagram
Instagram badges are a feature which allow you to show support to businesses and creators during a live video. When you purchase a badge during a live video, a heart icon appears next to your name in the comments.
Badges have the following levels:
- One heart - $.99
- Two hearts - $1.99
- Three hearts - $4.99
You can only purchase a badge once during an Instagram live video. If you exit the video while it is live, the badge will still be visible.
Once a badge is purchased:
- A badge appears next to all your comments in the live.
- A special heart emoji appears for you within the live.
- You are featured on a ‘supporter’ list that the creator can see for up to 90 days.
Learn more about how to buy badges during a live.
To buy a badge during an Instagram live:
- Tap the user’s profile photo during a live.
- Creators who have badges enabled will have a button under the comments.
- Tap Buy a badge to support @creator.
- Select your badge.
- Follow the prompts in the Google Play (Android) or Apple Store (iOS).
- Add a comment.
- Tap Send.
Learn more about how to use badges during a live.
You will be prompted to check out with:
Payment methods for buying badges cannot be changed in Instagram. Please visit the Apple Store or Google Play to update your payment options.
Learn how to view your receipts for badges purchased during a live.
If you comment during a live:
Content that is reported or found to specifically violate our Community Guidelines or Content Monetization Policies is reviewed and potentially removed. Partners that don’t meet our Partner Monetization Policies cannot monetize their content, but are still able to share and post content.
Content that violates our monetization policy may be allowed on the platform, if it does not violate our Community Guidelines. However, it remains ineligible for monetization. Some live videos may also be reviewed and flagged for violations, even if they are not reported to us.
If you see someone's live video and think it goes against Instagram's Community Guidelines, you can report it.
From the live video you want to report:
- Tap or click ... next to Comment at the bottom of the video.
- Tap Report (Instagram app) or Report Inappropriate (computer).
- Follow the prompts.