Your profile is the hub for all of your photos, videos and settings on Instagram. Here, you can view the pictures you've shared, the people you're following and who's following you. You can also browse your photo map.
You can write a bio of up to 150 characters on your profile. Keep in mind that anyone can see your bio.
To edit your bio:
- Go to your profile
- Tap Edit Your Profile in the top right
- Write your bio or add your URL in the Bio section and then tap Submit
To update your profile information, including your username and the email address associated with your account:
- Go to your profile by tapping
- Tap Edit Your Profile
- Type in your new name, username, website or bio or edit your private information then tap Done (iPhone), Save (Android) or the check mark (Windows Phone)
You can also update your information from your web profile.
Learn about what to do if you're having trouble logging into your account.
Right now, you can only add or change a profile picture from the Instagram app, and not when viewing Instagram on the web. To change your profile picture:
- Go to your profile by tapping .
- Tap your profile picture. If you don't have a profile picture, tap the blank circle next to your name.
- Pick where you'd like to import your picture from (ex: your phone's photo library, Facebook, Twitter). If you choose to import from Facebook or Twitter, Instagram will use your profile picture for that social network.