Your profile is the hub for all of your photos, videos and settings on Instagram. Here, you can view the pictures you've shared, the people you're following and who's following you.
To update your profile information, including your username and the email address associated with your account:
- Go to your profile
- Tap Edit Profile or Edit Your Profile
- Type in your new name, username, website, bio or private information, then tap Done or Save in the top right
You can also update your profile information from the web.
Learn about what to do if you're having trouble logging into your account.
To add or change your profile picture:
- Go to your profile by tapping
- Tap Edit Profile > Change Profile Photo
- Select where you'd like to import your picture from
- Click Done
You can take a new photo or add a photo from your phone's photo library, Facebook or Twitter. If you choose to import from Facebook or Twitter, Instagram will use the same picture you're already using for that social network.