Your profile is the hub for all of your photos, videos and settings on Instagram. Here, you can view the pictures you've shared, the people you're following and who's following you.
You can write a bio of up to 150 characters on your profile. Please keep in mind that anyone can see your bio.
To edit your bio:
- Go to your profile by tapping
- Tap Edit Profile at the top of the screen
- Write your bio and add the URL to your website. You can also add hashtags or link to another profile by typing “@” followed by a username.
- Tap Done
To update your profile information, including your username, the mobile phone number and email address associated with your account:
- Go to your profile
- Tap Edit Profile or Edit Your Profile
- Type in your new name, username, website, bio, mobile phone number or private information, then tap Done or Save in the top right
You can also update your profile information from the web.
Learn about what to do if you're having trouble logging into your account.
To add or change your profile picture:
- Go to your profile by tapping >
- Tap Edit Profile > Change Profile Photo (iOS) / Change Photo (Android)
- Select where you'd like to import your picture from
- Tap Done
You can take a new photo or add a photo from your phone's photo library, Facebook or Twitter. If you choose to import from Facebook or Twitter, Instagram will use the same picture you're already using for that social network.