How do I see someone's Instagram story?
You can see stories of people you follow using the Instagram app or on the web at Instagram.com. If someone has shared a story you haven't seen yet, you'll see a colorful ring around their profile picture. To see someone's story:
Stories appear in a row at the top of Feed. If someone you follow has posted a story, you can see it by doing any of the following options:
- Tap their profile picture at the top of Feed.
- Go to their profile and tap their profile picture.
- Tap their profile picture next to a post they've shared in Feed.
- Tap their profile picture in Direct inbox or in a thread.
When you view stories from the top of your Feed, they automatically scroll from one person's to the next. You can tap the screen to skip to the next photo or video, or swipe right or left to skip between people's stories. Swipe down on the screen to exit someone's story and return to Feed.
Stories appear at the top of Feed on mobile web, and to the right of Feed on desktop web. Tap or click on any story to view it, or use the arrows (desktop web) or swipe left (mobile web) to get to the next screen or story. Select x in the top right to exit someone's story and return to Feed.
Keep in mind that when you see someone's story, they'll be able to tell that you've seen it.
- How do I share a story with my close friends list on Instagram?
- What are some tips for uploading, recording and editing my Instagram story?
- What are some tips for watching and scrolling between people's stories on Instagram?
- How do I mute or unmute someone's Instagram story?
- How do I share a photo or video to my Instagram story?