How do I send messages in vanish mode on Instagram?
This feature may be unavailable for countries located in Europe.
Note: To use vanish mode, you must update to Messenger features on Instagram.
Vanish mode lets people send each other disappearing messages, photos, videos and other content in a chat. Content sent in vanish mode disappears when someone leaves the chat or turns vanish mode off.
To turn vanish mode on or off:
- From your chat, swipe up to turn on vanish mode.
- Tap Turn Off Vanish Mode at the top or swipe up to turn it off.
You’ll get a notification on Instagram if someone sends you a message in vanish mode. Tap on the notification to enter a chat with them in vanish mode. You’ll also be notified if they send you a new message outside of vanish mode.
Keep in mind that:
- You won't be able to copy, save or forward disappearing messages.
- Accounts you haven’t connected with before can’t send you message requests in vanish mode.
- You can only use vanish mode in a chat with another Instagram account. You won’t be able to use it in a group chat or in a chat with a Messenger account.
Only use vanish mode with people you trust. For example, it's possible for someone to:
- Take a screenshot or screen recording of a message in vanish mode before it disappears. You’ll receive a notification if this happens.
- Take a photo of a disappearing message with a camera or other device before it disappears.
Learn more about reporting messages in vanish mode.
- How do I manage message requests on Instagram?
- How do I watch videos or view posts with other people on Instagram?
- How do I block or unblock someone in a chat while using Messenger features on Instagram?
- How do I update to Messenger features on Instagram?
- How do I report a message or chat sent in vanish mode on Instagram?