How do I report content I believe is subject to the NetzDG?
If you believe content on Instagram falls under one of the German Criminal Code provisions covered by the NetzDG, please report it using our dedicated NetzDG reporting form. This form is only for reports involving violations of the German Criminal Code listed in the NetzDG. The form should not be used for content that is not included within the NetzDG.
The NetzDG requires covered social networks to maintain certain statistics including the number of reports they receive from users under the NetzDG and how these reports were addressed. So that we can comply with these reporting obligations, it is important that content you believe falls within the NetzDG is reported through the NetzDG reporting form.
Before you submit a report under the NetzDG, you may want to send a message to the person who posted the content. You may be able to resolve the issue without contacting Instagram. In addition, allegations of illegality are a serious matter, and you may wish to seek guidance from an attorney or regulatory body before submitting a report.
- What information do I need to include in a report under the NetzDG?
- What content can I report under the NetzDG?
- What content can I report to the “Zustellungsbevollmächtigten” under Sec. 5 (1) of the NetzDG?
- What's the difference between NetzDG and Instagram's Community Guidelines?
- What happens after I submit a report under the NetzDG?