How do I restore content I’ve deleted from my Instagram account?
From your settings you can restore photos, videos, reels, IGTV videos and Instagram stories you’ve deleted. Content that you choose to delete is removed from your account immediately and moved to Recently Deleted.
Content in Recently Deleted will be automatically deleted 30 days later, or up to 24 hours for stories that aren’t in your stories archive. During those 30 days, you can access deleted content from your account in Recently Deleted on the Instagram app for Android and iPhone and either restore it or permanently delete it.
To restore or permanently delete content:
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap in the top right, then tap Settings.
- Tap Account, then tap Recently Deleted.
- At the top, tap the type of content you’d like to restore or permanently delete:
- for Profile posts
- for IGTV videos
- for Reels
- for archived Stories
- Tap the photo, video, or story you’d like to restore or permanently delete.
- Tap in the top right, then tap Restore to Profile or Restore to restore content or Delete it.
Keep in mind that if you don’t see the content you’d like to restore in Recently Deleted, the content may be older than 30 days or 24 hours for Stories.Learn more about what happens to content you've deleted from your Instagram account.