How do I learn more about wildlife exploitation?
Whether you're trying to capture a perfect photo or take a selfie, we encourage you to be mindful of the environment around you. It's easy to get caught up in the moment when you're surrounded by nature's beauty, but risking damage to the environment—whether it's walking on wildflowers, moving a nest or carving initials—is never worth a few likes.
Interactions with Wild Animals
We also encourage you to be mindful of your interactions with wild animals, and consider whether an animal has been smuggled, poached or abused for the sake of tourism. For example, be wary when paying for photo opportunities with exotic animals, as these photos and videos may put endangered animals at risk.
Instagram works with wildlife groups to identify and take action on photos or videos that violate our community guidelines, such as posts depicting animal abuse, poaching or the sale of endangered animals and their parts.
To learn more about endangered wildlife and exploitation, visit:
- How do I manage my privacy on Instagram?
- What should I do if someone shares an intimate photo of me on Instagram without my permission?
- What should I do if someone is threatening to share things I want to keep private (example: photos or videos)?
- How can I report a convicted sex offender on Instagram?
- What can I do if someone is blackmailing me on Instagram?