I submitted a trademark report to Instagram. What happens now?
If you submitted a trademark report to us through our online form or via email, you’ll receive an automated email that contains information about your report, including a unique report number. You should save this number in case you need to contact us about your report.
Sometimes, we might have a question about your report. In this case, we might respond to your report and ask for more information. If you receive an email from our team asking for more information about your report, you can and should respond directly to that email. Once our team receives your response, they can continue to look into your report.
Please note that Instagram is not in a position to adjudicate disputes between third parties, and may not be able to remove the content you reported for trademark infringement. You may want to contact the person who posted the reported content to try to resolve your issue with them directly.
When we remove content in response to a report of trademark infringement, we notify the person you reported to inform them the content was removed. We also provide them with your contact information, including your email address and the name of the trademark owner, and/or details of your report.
If the person who posted the content believes that the content shouldn’t have been removed, they may reach out to you directly to try to resolve the issue. If the content was removed based on U.S. trademark rights, they may also be able to submit an appeal.
- What information do I need to include in a trademark report?
- I submitted a copyright report to Instagram. What happens now?
- Content I posted was removed because it was reported for intellectual property (copyright or trademark) infringement. What are my next steps?
- What information is provided to a user whose content is removed due to a trademark claim?
- How do I report trademark infringement on Instagram?