Why do I have to be over a certain age to view some accounts?
Some accounts, like alcohol brands, post content that’s meant for older audiences. These accounts may choose to restrict their content to people who are over a certain age. To determine whether you're able to see a restricted account, we may use information you provide on Instagram or on Facebook (our parent company).
You may need to update your Instagram app to the most recent version to see restricted accounts.
- I have a verified badge on Facebook, why don't I have one on Instagram?
- What happens when I connect to my contact list?
- What can I do if a username is already claimed but seems inactive?
- How do I add and switch between multiple Instagram accounts?
- What can I do if my email address can't be found during a password reset?