What can I do if someone I know is being impersonated on Instagram?
Only the person who's being impersonated can file a report, but you can:
- Contact the person being impersonated by email or telephone to encourage them to report it to us.
If the impostor account is impersonating someone you're authorized to represent (example: your child), you can report the account using this form.
If someone is pretending to be you on Instagram, you can report the account with this form.
Keep in mind that your report is anonymous, except if you’re reporting an intellectual property infringement. The account you reported won’t see who reported them.
- What can I do if someone is impersonating me on Instagram?
- Why am I being asked to select a category for my Instagram account?
- Can I create an Instagram account dedicated to a public figure, celebrity, brand or organization?
- What information do I need to include in a trademark report on Instagram?
- How do I report a child under the age of 13 on Instagram?