About Instagram Insights
You can use Instagram insights to learn more about overall trends across your followers and your content’s performance with your audience. You can also view insights for specific posts, stories and IGTV videos you've created to see how each one performed and how people engaged with them. Insights are free and available only for business or creator accounts.
You can view insights from your profile in the Instagram App. Here, you’ll have access to a summary page, as well as tappable metrics that lead to different screens with more details. On each of these screens, you can tap the (i) in the top right corner to see definitions for each metric listed on the screen. You can also tap the drop-down at the top of the screen to choose if you want to view insights for 7 or 30 days.
The following insights are available for professional accounts on Instagram:
- Recent Highlights: This section announces any notable increases in account performance in the last 7 or 30 days.
- Overview: This section showcases the total number of accounts reached, content interactions, followers and approximate earnings (if applicable) for the last 7 or 30 days. You can tap on each of these metrics for a more detailed breakdown.
- Accounts Reached: When you tap on this metric, you can see more details on your account’s reach and impressions. You’ll also see insights on your account activity, such as profile visits and website visits. If you have an action button on your profile, you’ll see the number of taps on that button. For example, you can see data on call button taps, get directions taps, email button taps, text button taps, and website taps. You can also see your top posts, stories and IGTV videos sorted by reach.
- Content Interactions: When you tap on this metric, you can see a detailed breakdown of your post, story and IGTV video content interactions. These include likes, comments, saves, shares, replies and other actions on your content. You can also see your top posts, stories and IGTV videos sorted by interactions.
- Total Followers: When you tap on this metric, you can learn more about trends across your followers when you have at least 100 followers. These insights include growth (how many followers you've gained or lost), top locations of your followers, age range and times they're most active on Instagram.
- Content You Shared: This section showcases the content you’ve posted and promoted across feed, stories and IGTV for the last 7 or 30 days. If you want to see all the posts, stories and IGTV videos on your account, you can tap under each content type to go to the media library. Here, you can view and filter all your content by media type, reach, interactions and time frame.
You can also tap View Insights under individual posts and IGTV videos, or swipe up on your stories, to view insights specific to that piece of content, including
- Interactions: This section displays what actions people take when they engage with your account.
- Discovery: This section keeps track of how many people see you content and where they find it.
- Promotion: This section will provide more information on your post if it’s been promoted.