I submitted a copyright report to Instagram. What happens now?
If you submitted a copyright report to us through our form or via email, you'll receive an automated email that contains information about your report, including a unique report number. You should save this number in case you need to contact us about your report.
Sometimes, we might have a question about your report. In this case, we might respond to your report and ask for more information. If you receive an email from our team asking for more information about your report, you can and should respond directly to that email. Your response will be received by our team so they can continue to look into your report.
When we remove content in response to a report of copyright infringement, we notify the person you reported to inform them the content was removed.
We also provide them with your contact information, including your email address and the name of your organization or client, and/or the contents of your report.
If the person who posted the content believes that the content shouldn’t have been removed, they may reach out to you directly to try to resolve the issue. If the content was removed under the notice and counter-notice procedures of the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), they may also be able to submit a counter-notification under the DMCA.
- What information do I need to include in a copyright report?
- I submitted a trademark report to Instagram. What happens now?
- What information is provided to a user whose content is removed due to a copyright claim?
- How do I report copyright infringement on Instagram?
- How do I withdraw an intellectual property (copyright or trademark) report that I’ve already submitted?