How do I temporarily disable my Instagram account?
If you temporarily disable your account, your profile, photos, comments and likes will be hidden until you reactivate it by logging back in.
To temporarily disable your account:
- Log into instagram.com from a mobile browser or computer. You can't temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app.
- Tap or click your profile picture in the top right and then select Edit Profile.
- Scroll down, then tap or click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you disabling your account? and re-enter your password. The option to disable your account will only appear after you've selected a reason from the menu and entered your password.
- Tap or click Temporarily Disable Account.
You’ll need to be able to log into your account to temporarily disable it. If you can't remember your password or username, see some tips for logging in.
Note: If you'd like to delete your Instagram account, follow these instructions.
- How do I delete my Instagram account?
- How do I set my Instagram account to private so that only approved followers can see what I share?
- How do I disconnect my Instagram account from another social network?
- How do I clear my Instagram search history?
- How do I update Instagram profile information like my name, username and email?