How do I temporarily disable my account?
If you temporarily disable your account, your profile, photos, comments and likes will be hidden until you reactivate it by logging back in. To temporarily disable your account:
- Log into instagram.com from a mobile browser or computer. You can't temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app.
- Tap or click in the top right and then select Edit Profile.
- Scroll down, then tap or click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu next to Why are you disabling your account? and re-enter your password. The option to disable your account will only appear after you've selected a reason from the menu.
- Tap or click Temporarily Disable Account.
You’ll need to be able to log into your account to temporarily disable it. If you can't remember your password or username, see some tips for logging in.
Note: If you'd like to delete your Instagram account, follow these instructions.
- How do I delete my account?
- How do I claim an unmanaged Facebook Page for my Instagram account?
- How do I add and switch between multiple Instagram accounts?
- How do I set my photos and videos to private so that only approved followers can see them?
- How do I add or remove Instagram login information on my device?