What happens to content I've deleted from my Instagram account?
You can choose to delete content from your Instagram account. This includes content like:
- Photos and videos from your feed
- Photos and videos from an Instagram story
- Instagram stories from highlights and your story archive
It may take up to 90 days to complete the deletion process after it begins. Copies of your content may remain after the 90 days in backup storage that we use to recover in the event of a disaster, software error, or other data loss event. We may also keep your information for things like legal issues, terms violations, or harm prevention efforts. Learn more about this in our Data Policy .
- What is labeled state-controlled media on Instagram?
- Why am I being asked to upload an ID to Instagram?
- Does two-factor authentication still work on Instagram accounts I've linked to a single login?
- I think my Instagram account has been hacked.
- What can I find in the Voting Information Center on Instagram?