How do I start a personal fundraiser on Instagram?
Personal fundraisers are those that raise money for a personal cause, like yourself, your small business, a friend or a cause that's important to you. Learn more about personal fundraisers on Instagram.
To start a fundraiser from the Instagram app:
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap Edit Profile, then tap Add Fundraiser.
- Tap Raise Money.
- Choose a cover photo from your Instagram posts or camera roll.
- Add a title, select your currency and the best category for your fundraiser, and enter a description.
- Tap Next in the top right, then tap Done.
Your fundraiser will be sent for review. If it’s approved, you’ll receive a notification and will be able to start raising money for 30 days. Keep in mind that you must be at least 18 years old to start a personal fundraiser.
Donation and fundraising features on Instagram aren't available in every area. Learn which countries can currently make donations or start personal fundraisers on Instagram.
- How do I start or donate to a fundraiser on Instagram Live?
- How do I donate to a personal or nonprofit fundraiser on Instagram?
- How do I manage an active nonprofit fundraiser on Instagram?
- How do I manage an active personal fundraiser on Instagram?
- How do I create a nonprofit fundraiser on my Instagram bio?