How do I filter out comments I don't want to appear on my posts?
Comments that may be inappropriate, offensive or bullying are automatically filtered out from your posts and live videos. Comments are filtered automatically by default, but you can always change this setting:
- Go to your profile and tap (iOS) or (Android) at the top
- Tap Comments
- Tap next to Enable Offensive Comment Filter to turn off the filter
- Tap Done
If you have the offensive comment filter turned on, you can also turn on a keyword filter to hide comments that contain specific words, phrases, numbers or emoji that you'd like to avoid.
- Go to your profile and tap (iOS) or (Android) in the top right
- Tap Comments
- Make sure that Enable Offensive Comment Filter is turned on
- Tap next to Enable Keyword Filters to turn it on
Enter specific words, phrases, numbers or emoji in the text box to filter out comments. You can also tap next to Use Default Keywords to use a default set of common inappropriate or offensive words and phrases on Instagram.
Keep in mind that default and custom keyword filtering aren't currently available in all languages:
- Default Keywords: The default list of keywords is only available in certain languages
- Custom Keywords: Currently, custom keyword filtering doesn't support languages without spaces (ex: Chinese, Japanese, Thai)
When you turn on comment filtering, it’s applied to both new and existing comments on your posts. When you turn off comment filtering, filtered comments on your posts will be restored.