Tips for staying safe on Instagram.
We work hard to keep Instagram a safe and enjoyable place for everyone. Please take a minute to read through these tips about the tools we've built and the best practices we've defined to help you stay safe on Instagram:
- Make sure you know whether your account is public or private. When you set your posts to private, anyone who wants to see your posts, followers or following list will have to send you a follow request first.
- Make sure you're comfortable letting the photos and videos you share represent who you are to a wide audience, such as your parents, teachers or employers.
- Never agree to do something or share anything that makes you uncomfortable.
- What should I do if someone on Instagram asks me to buy goods or services from them?
- How can I make sure the content I post to Instagram doesn't violate trademark law?
- What types of ID does Instagram accept?
- Who can see my teen’s photos?
- What should I do if someone is threatening to share things I want to keep private (ex: photos or videos)?