How do I add music and effects to my reel on Instagram?
If you're not seeing the music sticker in Reels, make sure your app is updated to the latest version by visiting the App Store or Google Play Store. Keep in mind that the music sticker isn't available to everyone.
When you record a reel, you’ll see a tool menu on the left. You can tap:
- to search for a song in our music library. You can choose which part of the song you want to play.
- to change the speed of your reel. This will affect both the video and audio of your clip.
- to add a camera effect. Swipe left at the bottom of the screen and select an effect. To see more effects, swipe all the way to the left and tap .
- to choose the length of your clip. When you return to your clip, you see a countdown before your clip starts recording.
- to see the end of your last clip. You can use the transparent photo to align your next clip before recording. This will only appear after you record your first clip.