How does Purchase Protection work for purchases made on Instagram?
Many products available for purchase using checkout on Instagram are covered under our Purchase Protection Policy. Please be aware that only purchases made using checkout on Instagram and Facebook Pay are protected by our Purchase Protection Policy.
Purchase Protection means that you can request a refund if:
- You didn't receive your order.
- The product arrived damaged or is different than described on the product page.
- The seller doesn't follow their stated refund policy.
If Instagram approves your purchase protection claim, you'll get a refund for the full purchase price of the product and any shipping costs.
Which purchases aren't covered by Purchase Protection?Purchase Protection doesn't cover some types of orders, including:
- Vehicles and rentals
- Orders that cost more than $2000 (including tax and shipping)
You can see all products and situations not covered by Purchase Protection in the full policy.
How do I file a Purchase Protection claim?
Learn how to file a purchase protection claim for your order.
- How do I know which products I can buy on Instagram?
- What customer data is shared with the seller when I purchase through Instagram checkout?
- Can I buy something from someone I follow on Instagram?
- How do I cancel an order I made through Instagram?
- What payment methods can I use to buy and donate on Instagram?