Instagram removed content as a result of my copyright report. What information is sent to the person who posted that content?
When we receive copyright claims through our online form and remove the reported content, we typically provide the reported user with the following information:
- Report number
- Rights owner’s name
- Email address provided by the reporting party
- Details of the report
- Instructions on how to submit an appeal
The person whose content was removed may contact you with the information you provide. For this reason, you may want to provide a valid generic business or professional email address. In rare cases (such as when we are contacted by fax, mail or email), we are only able to provide the report number and a description of the removed content. We may provide additional information if it’s requested by the person who posted the reported content.
- Instagram removed content as a result of my trademark report. What information is sent to the person who posted that content?
- Content I posted on Instagram was removed because it was reported for intellectual property infringement. What are my next steps?
- What information do I need to include in a copyright report to Instagram?
- How do I report trademark infringement on Instagram?
- What happens when I submit a copyright report to Instagram?