What information is provided to a user whose content is removed due to a copyright claim?
When we receive copyright claims through our online form and remove the reported content, we typically provide the reported user with the following information:
- Report number
- Rights owner’s name
- Email address provided by the reporting party
- Description of the rights owner’s copyrighted work
- Description of the removed content
In rare instances (such as when we are contacted by fax, mail or email), we pass through the report number and a description of the removed content, and additional information can be provided upon request.
For any content that was removed under the notice and counter-notice procedures of the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), we will include information about how to submit a counter-notification under the DMCA.
- What information is provided to a user whose content is removed due to a trademark claim?
- What happens when I submit a copyright report to Instagram?
- What information do I need to include in a copyright report on Instagram?
- What happens when I submit a trademark report to Instagram?
- How does Instagram process United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) counter-notifications?