What information is provided to a user whose content is removed due to a trademark claim?
When we receive trademark claims through our online form and remove the reported content, we provide the reported user with the following information:
- Report number
- Rights owner’s name
- Email address provided by the reporting party
- Description of the rights owner’s trademark(s)
- Description of the removed content
In rare cases (such as when we are contacted by fax, mail or email), we provide the report number and a description of the removed content. Instagram may provide additional information if it’s requested by the person who posted the reported content.
For any content that was removed based on U.S. trademark rights, we will include instructions for how to appeal if the affected user believes the content should not have been removed.
- What information is provided to a user whose content is removed due to a copyright claim?
- What information do I need to include in a trademark report?
- Content I posted was removed because it was reported for intellectual property (copyright or trademark) infringement. What are my next steps?
- I submitted a trademark report to Instagram. What happens now?
- What information do I need to include in a copyright report?