How do I report a message that was sent to me or stop someone from sending me messages with Instagram Direct?
You can report abusive photos, videos and messages that are sent to you with Instagram Direct:
- Open the conversation in the Instagram app.
- Tap and hold the individual message you'd like to report.
- Tap Report.
- Select a reason for why you're reporting the message and then tap Report.
If you'd like to report a post from Feed that was sent to you with Instagram Direct, you can tap the post and report it. If you want to stop someone from sending you messages, you can block that person or report their profile.
Keep in mind that your report is anonymous, except if you’re reporting an intellectual property infringement. The account you reported won’t see who reported them.
- How do I send a location page as a message using Instagram Direct?
- How do I unsend a message I've sent using Instagram Direct?
- How do I share a story in a direct message on Instagram?
- How do I mute notifications from a group conversation in Instagram Direct?
- How do I create a new group conversation in Instagram Direct?